Mandatory Music: you must do it with the fez on. Go on, press the button:
1. The fez at one time represented equality, as the same sultan who required all the Turks to abandon turbans in favor of fezzes also kicked off the Ottoman empire version of glasnost.
2. Not sure what to wear with your smoking jacket? Look to the fez!
3. In 1960, Coco Chanel bought 2,000 fezzes. I’d like to think they were all for her. That’s excellent company to be in.
4. If you are Muslim, and thus need a brimless hat for your daily prayers, the fez is far more elegant than a backwards baseball cap.
5. Shriners wear them, and they do lots of good charity work.
1. Shriners wear them, and there’s something creepy about that whole thing.
2. The last Middle Eastern fez maker is almost out of business.
3. Well, it’s no turban, whose magical effects are well known. “The magical effects of a turban are well known,” said Sir Adolphus Slade. “It gives depth to light eyes, expression to dark eyes; it softens harsh features, relieves delicate ones.”
4. If you are on a battlefield, a red fez will provide a handy target. For your head.
5. Some villains wear fezzes.