7 Equally Hard to Pronounce Names for February
- Solmonath, meaning mud month, and Kale-monath, or cabbage month: Old English
- Helmikuu, meaning “month of the pearl” (for pearls of ice on tree brances): Finnish
- Luty, meaning the month of ice or hard frost: Polish/Ukranian.
- Sechko, meaning month of cutting [wood]: Macedonian
- Unor, meaning month of submerging [of river ice]: Czech
- Svečan, related to icicles or the Candlemas: Slovene
- Februum, based on the Latin februum meaning purification, via the purification ritual Februa held on February 15 (full moon) in the old lunar Roman calendar.